lunes, 31 de diciembre de 2018

Depeche Mode "World In My Eyes (Single & Video)"

"World in My Eyes" is a song by English electronic music band Depeche Mode. It was released on 2 September 1990 as the fourth and final single from their seventh studio album, Violator (1990). It peaked at number 17 on the UK Singles Chart and at number 52 on the US Billboard Hot 100.

"Martin did the demo on his own," recalled Andy Fletcher. "I don't remember it standing out when we heard it then. But somehow, in the studio, it all came together brilliantly… Whenever I'm asked which of our tracks is my favourite, I always say 'World In My Eyes'."

The "World in My Eyes" single release included two exclusive B-sides, making Violator the only Depeche Mode album with all four singles having at least one exclusive B-Side, including instrumentals. The B-sides are "Happiest Girl" and "Sea of Sin". "Happiest Girl (Jack Mix)" and "Sea of Sin (Tonal Mix)" are the main 7" versions. "Original" versions were never released, or rather, these mixes are the regular versions, according to interviews and the official website. The cover art for "World in My Eyes" has a photo of one of the band members making a shape similar to that of glasses with their hands. On the Limited 12", there are pictures of all four members. The 2004 re-release of the EU single includes a longer-intro version of "World in My Eyes (Oil Tank Mix)".

The music video for "World in My Eyes" is directed by Anton Corbijn. There are two versions; the original version was not originally released to the public until The Videos 86-98. The original music video features some footage from the World Violation Tour, while Dave Gahan and a girl he's with watch it from a drive-in cinema. The alternate version on Strange Too features the band in the car instead, more live footage, and the silent ending with Gahan is longer.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario